"Alexa: play spa music!"
That's right, it's time to light some candles, crank up some soothing tunes and get your "at-home" facial on! We're going to tell you how to pamper yourself like a pro in just 5 easy steps.
1. CLEANSE: Start by washing your face with warm water and a cleanser of your choice. If you are feeling extra fancy you can double cleanse (rub an oil or milk based cleanser onto dry skin, wipe away with a damp cloth and then wash again with cleanser of your choice). For your facial make sure you are using a gentle or hydrating cleanser. Try not to use anything too drying like soaps with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
2. EXFOLIATE: Lightly dampen your face and swirl a small amount of a physical exfoliator (one that contains little "ocean-friendly" beads) all around for 60 seconds. The cleanser has softened your pores and now the exfoliator is smoothing them down and opening them up to receive the next step of your at-home facial process. You can make your own exfoliator using 2 tbsp of finely ground oatmeal, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp warm water.
3. MASK: Spread a large amount of masking product (choose your own or try our recipe for a homemade mask below) all over your face and neck. Leave on for 5 to 20 minutes, then rinse with cool water. (Use cool water for this step because we have already prepped the pores, now we need to close them.) This is your relaxing time! Take a quick snooze, read a book, dance to some tunes or do whatever your little heart desires... just don't forget you have on a facial mask, you might accidentally scare small children! 🤣
4. MASSAGE: After you wipe your mask away, take the time to really pamper yourself and get your blood flowing. Using a facial oil (you could use coconut, almond or olive oil if you are in a pinch) gently sweep your fingers across your face and down your neck. Start at the jaw line and work your way up and out. Then move from the tip of your nose to the top of your forehead. Then use your fingers to sweep up and away from the eyebrows to the forehead. Lastly, use the back of your hands to massage your neck. Start at the decolotte and work all the way up to the chin. Do each motion for about 10 seconds until most of the oil is absorbed. Wipe away any excess with a soft towel and follow with a toner (or use apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball).
5. MOISTURIZE: Finish your at-home magical treatment with a serum and a moisturizer. You can layer each product individually or make a cocktail by mixing them together. Spread across your entire face and enjoy your freshly pampered skin. Remember to apply sunscreen if you give yourself a facial during the day!
DIY MASK: Mix together 2 tablespoons whole-milk Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Smooth over face and neck and let sit for 20 minutes. Wipe away with a soft damp cloth. The yogurt and honey work together to loosen dead skin cells.
Now it's time to enjoy your beautiful and relaxed self! 💋 xx